Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Mornin'

Another lazy Sunday morning. I do indeed love this moment in time. I have been lucky enough to have been to my few favorite breaky places in LA. Downtown are the Nickel Diner and Bottega Louie. A few more throughout the city too like Snug Harbor. mmm

What I appreciate most about breakfast (besides the baked goods that I live for) are eggs. I LOVE eggs. I love them and hate them. I am that person that if my eggs are not cooked to my liking, I send them back to the kitchen. Yes I do that, but I hate hate hate hate hate a cooked though yolk when I have a fried egg. YUCK!!!

I also love sausage. This came from childhood. I grew up on those apple chicken sausages from Gelson's. In my mind, they are still the best. mmmm

Anyways lets get back to right now. This morning was about leftovers and not spending $. I took the rest of the spinach and sausage with the last of our 5 eggs and some goat cheese.

Viola: My Spinach, Sausage, Goat Cheese Scramble.



Whenever I make eggs, it always depends on my mood. Last weekend it was all fried eggs. But when wanting to get rid of veggies and extra foods, nothing is better than an omelet. But you see I cannot be trusted with an omelet right now in life. Yes I have tried, and maybe one or two have worked. But I just wanted to do this right the first time, so hence the scramble.

Ingredients:
5 eggs
2 handfuls of spinach
1.5 sausage cut into quarter moons (I think we used some sort of Spicy Italian)
2 tablespoons of milk
1ish tablespoon of goat cheese (use more if you want the goat cheese taste more present)
salt, pepper, oil


Directions:
Put the eggs into a bowl and add the milk. Mix around.

Cook sausage through and cut them up. I also steamed the spinach because it was adult and not baby. I wanted to make sure I had cooked spinach in my scramble. Then at a med-low heat pour the eggs into the pan. Continue to scramble eggs. Throw in the spinach and sausage. Continue to scramble making sure the eggs do not stick to the bottom. If your eggs are cooking too fast, turn down the heat or take them off the heat. They will still continue to cook because they are in a hot pan. It is important to remember this fact when cooking scrambled eggs. Throw in the cheese still when the eggs are a bit runny so you can mix the cheese in totally.

Then its done and eat!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My search for only the best food, drinks and recipes.Another blog about my adventures in Los Angeles. Follow me in my crazy world of blogging. Only the future knows what it holds...